Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

regdarding publishing pdf into a folder

Hi,

is is possible to store a pdf generated by a publisher in one server  into another server?

it is storing fine into a folder with in the local domain but if i try to store it in a network server ,it is showing the error as

"Error:could not connect to the folder" in the task log file..,

plz do let me know

Regards,

Kiruthiga

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You need to use a UNC path like \\SERVER\Folder and you need to make sure that the user running the QlikView Services has access to that folder (you may see that folder as your user, but if you log on to the Server as the QlikView administrator account, you may not see it).

Are you using mapped drives instead (D: N:)?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thanks for your timings

Actually,I have access to that server and also it is mapped fine as ( Z:)from the server where my QV publisher resides

Regards,

Kiruthiga

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Sorry to insist but, is that Z: mapped drive available for the account running the QlikView services (not your user account)? If yes, did you try using \\UNC\ path instead of mapped drive?

I understand that if you publish to one "local" Server works, is that correct?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Actually I have installed QV publisher pdf in my test server and myself as an administrator has all rights associated with the test server,the pdf also stores properly in the folder specified with in the test server,

and i have mapped this test server(Z:) to the production server (which has QV 11 server and QV11 desktop installed)

And in QMC-->mytask-->Distribution tab-->Distribution to Folder-->Path-->My Network Places->(here i can able to see only the domain names of my network servers and it is not showing any folders associated inside that server)

that is the reason iam not able to fetch any particular folder to store the pdf inside the network server

i have manually restarted the distribution services in test server ,but in production i havent restarted the services

do i need to ???

-Kiruthiga

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Did you share the folder that is mapped to the drive Z:  so you can access it using \\SERVERNAME\Foldername ? Note that it's not the same mapping a folder to a drive that sharing a folder in the network (with permissions to read and write if collaboration is enabled).

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Miguel is correct. You can't use a mapped drive. This is an OS limitation and Qlikview. Service Accounts do not understand drive mapping and only UNC paths. So, if you are trying to use a mapped drive you will have issues.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.