Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading pdf files from access point

Hi,

I'm kind of new to Qlikview and had an interrogation about a particular case that I could'nt find documentation on. I have some Qlikview panels and for the users to understand the possibilities, I made pdf (or .doc) documentation files. When it's time to publish, I use accesspoint that loads the .qvw files that are inside a folder and show them as icon in the portal.

What i'd like is to do the same thing, but with my documentation (pdf files). Is there a way I could easily link my pdf with the portal? I don't know if you understand my question?

I would have used a php script to list the files inside a directory and link them in html, but as my server doesn't handle php, I can't

Thank you in advance!

Mathieu B.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mathieu,

As far as I know there's no way to show any other documents than QVW in the Accesspoint webpage. If you browse for the server files, you may find some JS file that allows you to list different files, but as far as it's not the intention of the Accesspoint, it's unlikely.

Rather, what I'd do is to create an application that shows within a chart the list of PDF documents in your folders.

Search the forum for DoDir and you will find some useful macros and script codes you can use for that.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mathieu,

As far as I know there's no way to show any other documents than QVW in the Accesspoint webpage. If you browse for the server files, you may find some JS file that allows you to list different files, but as far as it's not the intention of the Accesspoint, it's unlikely.

Rather, what I'd do is to create an application that shows within a chart the list of PDF documents in your folders.

Search the forum for DoDir and you will find some useful macros and script codes you can use for that.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel!

Thank you for the answer. The macro solution is not what i'm looking for. But you confirmed that it is impossible to do what I want, thanks.