Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Missing Documents when Services Stopped

Hi,

Our Test Server was running slow for some reason, so I decided to stop the services to see if this would help.

The first one I stopped was the QlikView Server then I stopped the QlikView WebServer.

I then restarted the QlikView Server which timed out and the same thing happened with the QlikView WebServer, I restarted them again and they seem to come back online.

I then went to the QlikView Enterprise Managment Console, went to the Documents Tabs then went ot he relevant folder, when I tried to expand this folder there was no QlikView Documents showing!?

I then rebooted the server waited for this to come back online, I then went to the Documents tab again, went to the relevant folders then expanded this and the Documents reappeared again.

Can anyone explain why they did not appear when I stopped and restarted the two Services again?

Is there a process of which Services I should be stopping first?

Thanks

P.S. The server seems to be tunning smoothly at the moment but there could be another issue why this is running slow i.e. faulty memory...

1 Reply
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

To monitor server performance you should use the QVServerPerformance.qvw (you just need to config the log folder)

You can get this file on this post: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/20434.aspx

When I restart services and do this to all QlikView services( 5 or 6 of them).

I don't think there is any special order to do it.