Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access to reports

Hi,

I want to give access to reports depending on the users.

e.g users from Sales department can access only Sales Reports.

10 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If your talking about access to the applications (qvw files) as a whole then you could simply use AD groups and permission the qvw files in Windows.  If you want to restrict access to data within a single report then read up on Section Access in the referecne manual (http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1794).  You could actually use Section Access to restrict access to the whole report as well if you like.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes I want to give access to qvw files.

I dont want other users see the qvw file through Access point also.

e.g: I have permission to access Report1.qvw but do not have access to Report2.qvw,

so when I login through Access Point, I should be able to see only Report1.qvw.

Is this possible and how?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you don't have AD (Active Directory) access to Report2.qvw you will not see it in the Access Point.  From v10 you can also restrict users from seeing reports they don't have access to using Section Access *check the "Filter AccessPoint..." box in Docuemtn Properties > Server.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

I did try the following steps:

1. Added ony 1 user in the users list which has access to the report.

2. "Filter Accesspoint Document list based on section access.

Then I logged in accesspoint with the same user id and I could see the report,

so I clicked the report, then it gave me the msg as "do not permissions to access the report".

But I do not want to show the report itself.

so please suggest if I am doing anything wrong.

Not applicable
Author

Please can any one help on this?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

FIrst thing i would like to ask you is which Aurhorization is selected in your QEMC settings.

If it is DMS mode.

Only thing you need to do is click on the report from Document tab in QEMC. You will find the sub tab on righthand side as Authorization. Here add the name of the users to whom you want to show the report.

If you are using NTFS mode.

Go to the physical location on the file on server. Right click on file. Go to properties -> security -> keep the name of the users who can see and access the file.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hello Kaushik,

I have NTFS mode and I did the settings as you told.

Now when I login to accesspoint by user not having access to document, it does not show that doc (which is correct and fine.)

When I login with user having access, it does show the document (which is also correct), but when click on the document to open, it gives error as "Failed to Open Document, file not found".

What might be reason for this? and how to resolve it?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Make sure the QlikView services accounts have access to the file!

Not applicable
Author

Hello Jason,

How to check qlikview services accounts have access to the file?

Also with the same userID  I can access other files.