Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Webpage Auto Refresh When QlikVIew Data Is Reloaded

Hello QV Users,

I have a report that is reloaded every 10 minutes, so I would like to open the report in IE, and whenever data is reloaded, IE will auto refresh the webpage so we can make this a true live dashboard page that does not require user to hit F5 on the webpage.

Is that doable on QlikView server to push out web broswer refresh whenever data is reloaded?

Your help is appreciated!

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, this is doable. See the Server tab in Document properties and the associated explanations in the Ref Guide.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

From the Ref Doc, I'm not sure "client" means QlikView report opened in IE browser or the QVW file.

I tried to change from default "initiate from Client" to "initiate from Server", but when I verify in my IE browser, report DID NOT auto refresh without me clicking F5.

Is there some setting I need to verfity in IE to ensure auto refresh or this is controlled by Document Setting?

Thanks a bunch...

Not applicable
Author

Also from Ref Manual, auto refresh in IE Browser only occurs when "Document is updated on the server".

My document does not change. Is when data is reloaded, I want to refresh the IE Brower to refresh the data (either initiated by IE Browser or push out by QV Server to IE Browser).

Is this doable in QlikView to tie in with data reload? Or I need to go the route of IE add-in for auto refresh the page?

Another question - in the actual QV report page (ie below), every where I right click, it is showing up the "QVBrowserSetting" see attached.

Is it possible to set the background properties settings to be IE browser (see attached "IEBrowserSetting") instead?

Much appreciate your help!

Not applicable
Author

Attached is the "QVBrowserSetting.jpg" that I was referring to in my previous posting.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can someone give me pointer on how best to accomplish this IE auto refresh? I tried steps below, but is not working after data reload.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Previous Action Steps]

From the Ref Doc, I'm not sure "client" means QlikView report opened in IE browser or the QVW file.

I tried to change from default "initiate from Client" to "initiate from Server", but when I verify in my IE browser, report DID NOT auto refresh without me clicking F5.

Is there some setting I need to verfity in IE to ensure auto refresh or this is controlled by Document Setting?

Thanks a bunch...

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to have QV Server refresh the QV Reports showing up in browser.

Can someone provide me the best practice and settings to accomplish this?

Your help is appreciated!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we tried the same in QV 9.

As far as I know you can only use the browser auto-refresh when your client uses the QlikView IE-Plugin.

It did NOT work in ZERO FOOTPRINT AJAX Client.

We will give it a try with QV 10...

Hope this helps...

Martin

Not applicable
Author

Since QV Server does not automatically refresh the client browser, I was able to install add-on in Firefox to have the client refreshes the dashboards automatically.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

I have this working in our environment - in addition to selecting the option "Server performs refresh automatically without client action" under the Server Tab in the Document properties - make sure to tick the "Enable Push from Server" option --