cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Posts awaiting moderation

I responded to two posts last night and received the message "waiting to be approved by a moderator". Is that triggered by some type of automatic filter based on content? Can you have a setting where indentified legitimate users are never moderated?

Thanks,

Rob

9 Replies
Not applicable

Rob, I got an email notification about your post telling me that it was awaiting moderation but when I clicked on the link in the forum email, it says the item does not exist or has been deleted. Also, I don't see the long post you referred to in my thread.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I'll wait and see if the moderator can dig my post up somewhere or if it's gone.

-Rob

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Rob,

There are some rules (and glitches) that may cause a post to be on the moderation queue. I saw one yours regarding QVPR folders, but it seems it has been approved. I'm not sure about the rules or the glitches, though...

Regards.

Miguel

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Rob,

I've encountered this issue some times in the past, too.

Sara took a note on what is causing a system generated moderation request for discussions here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/134947

I assume your use of 'payroll' has caused your post to need approval (I remember vaguely a lot of spam postings here with excessive use of this word)...

Regards,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your post Rob,

We do have 2 things going on here:

1) Additional terms added to spam filter as indicated by Swehl above such as 'free, payroll, juicy couture' etc. due to the spammers earlier this year.

2) Glitch or 'Bug' which drives some documents, discussions to moderation.

We are working on a platform version upgrade which will help address the bug, but the spam filter terms will remain constant.

In terms of allowing members who are top contributors exception to the moderation process- the system doesn't work that way. LOL I even see some of my own stuff go into moderation and then have to approve it- such as QlikViews and Ideas. The settings are set by content type and community area not user.

Hope this helps and will keep you posted on any updates. I really appreciate your feedback on all aspects of QlikCommunity.

Have a great day!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I sometimes forget that QlikCommunity has tens of thousands of users. It must be quite a chore to keep this thing runing as well as it is. My hat's off to the Community Managers. And I'll try to watch my language

-Rob

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Rob,

Very thoughtful words indeed, and appreciated, but I have to disagree with you: what language do you have to watch?

Kindest regards,

Miguel

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Miguel,

I was joking about Stefan's comment that my use of the word "payroll" may have triggered the spam filter.

-Rob

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Oh My!

In Spain, when you have to explain a joke it's usually because the other guy (me in this case) is rather dumb... and that makes the audience laugh twice (the joke and the dumbness).

Sorry for that!

Miguel