Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Local/Total access

Dear All,

Is it possible to restrict a user's access (Section Access) to his departement but allow for an expression to place this local result next to the average over all the departements...?

Thank you in advance,

K

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That's not possible, as Siri points out above. If you need to have reduced all information by department, but keep in one chart the total corresponding to all departments, you will need to first aggregate in the script the sum of all departments in a different field and add it (using JOIN likely) to each department line.

Then, although you reduce data, you will see the correct results.

Check the attached app just in case. Users are ADMIN, DEP1 and DEP2. For ADMIN you should see both depts and all data, and the sum of 100%. For DEP1 and DEP2 you should see each one's data, but the corresponding to the total.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It is possible when we didn't use the reduce data in the server.

first create the application with all the separtments. By section access we can give the documents particular departments only.

Thanks

Siri

Not applicable
Author

Not sure I fully understand what you mean...

The idea is to have ONE document where someone from from departement A gets to see data filtered to departement A (no details for Dep B, C, D etc) but that he gets the average over all (A, B ,C and D)

I have a .qvw with the full dataset and section access limiting someone from Dep A to Dep A related data but then I can't put it into context by showing the average over all the departements...

Thank you for the quick response!!!

K

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That's not possible, as Siri points out above. If you need to have reduced all information by department, but keep in one chart the total corresponding to all departments, you will need to first aggregate in the script the sum of all departments in a different field and add it (using JOIN likely) to each department line.

Then, although you reduce data, you will see the correct results.

Check the attached app just in case. Users are ADMIN, DEP1 and DEP2. For ADMIN you should see both depts and all data, and the sum of 100%. For DEP1 and DEP2 you should see each one's data, but the corresponding to the total.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel...

I am also trying your way.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel,

This might indeed be the solution!

Thanks a lot!!

KR,

K

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel,

I'm trying to write the script as you suggested, only, then I have to aggregate a Field based on several dimensions from different dimension tables.

How do you do this? Can you have more than one 'resident'?

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can do as many RESDIENT loads as you need. And you can also do a GROUP BY and use several fields instead of just one.

Hope that helps.

Miguel