Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Javascript API / get Listbox selection status

Hello,

i am using QlikView Workbench 10, Visual Studio 2010 and a Listbox QvObject within my web application.

I would like to read the current selection status of my Listbox. I understood that i can reach the Listbox object itself by:

var obj = qva.GetQvObject("LB542");

According to the Javascript API, the selection is accessible through the GetSelected() method. Can anyone tell me how the correct function call would look like?

Btw, obj.GetSelected() is neither offered via code completion nor works out ("Object does not support this method"). I am fairly new to Javascript, mainly working with Java.

Thank you for your help.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I tried suggested tips, but test() function triggered on every selection,  non only on LB452.

I put  qva.GetQvObject after command Qva.Start().

Something wrong?

Not applicable
Author

//Create Application object and get selected values

var sAD = Application.ActiveDocument();

var sSelections = sAD.fields("List Box Field Name").GetSelectedValues();

//Put selected value in e.g. textfield (in case more selections possible, loop selections)

Application.ActiveDocument().Variables("sMasterSP").SetContent(sSelections.Item(0).Text,true);

Not applicable
Author

I peter i am building an extension object which basically selection field in the list box and currently having issue with this piece of code

//var object1 =doc.GetObject("LB15",function(){object1.Data.SelectTexts("GA")});

The extension script is running in continuous loop i dont know wny

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tushar,

Did you get your issue resolved? Can you provide any inputs from your experience fixing it for the following similar question?

Javascript API for listbox selected text

Thanks

DV