Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Complex Date selections

We are looking to have a table that will show users to our system who were active and had active responsiblities between two dates. In total, there are six date parameters involved in this (3 end and 3 start dates). I want to be able to allow the end user to pick their own start and end dates but have come across two major issues!

1) how can i allow the users to pick a date that might not actually exist? i.e. they want users created after the 01/04/11 but no user was actually created on that date?

2) when they pick a date, i want then to actually be picking the less than or greater than date in a calculation...

i appreciate the above may not be the cleanest way of achieving our required end result - it would be great if they only had to pick the start and end date once, and am working on how i can make the load script load all three created dates as the same 'Start Date' and the three end dates as 'End Date', but even then i will still have the above issues!!

all help appreciated!

Ella

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ella,

You can do that using, for example, calendar objects and variables, as in this application. Feel free to download it and use it for your own purposes and note how I'm using calendar objects and variables that are used in set analysis in the chart expressions to show what you want to do.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this Miguel, I've had a quick look through and the only thing i can't find is where you define the vStartDate and vEndDate? i can see you've defined all the other variables in the load script, but these two I can't see!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Both variables are created in the Variable Overview option in the Settings menu. They take their values from the selection the user makes between the max and min values.

Hope that helps.

Miguel