Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Action required to Close browser

Hi All,

Please suggest how can we close browser on click of a button called Close button?
I tried with an action Extrernal-> "Close This Document" but not happening.

SCRIPT should be compatible withIE/Safari/Firefox/Crome.

Thanks,
Kumar

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you want to completely close the browser, why not use the "X" button in the Windows screen instead of using some QlikView action? In addition, there is no such action in QlikView, you could work that around by opening a different document on top of this, but of course this will not close the browser.

You can even try to create a macro for that calling to OS VBScript instructions instead, but I don't recommend you to do so, because you can get this action in the same screen you are watching, and that would do more harm than good in this particular case.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately my user need this requirement as I have mentioned above i.e. close browser on click of Qv object.
Wuuld be great if you can share some sample VBScript macros to do the same.

Thanks,

Kumar

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Kumar,

Take a look at this code. You need to call Internet Explorer from within the application, which does not make any sense to me, because you need to have IE open before closing it, so IE is not launched or opened from QlikView. Anyway, it does not seem to be a simple action, and unlikely to worth the time you will need to develop it. Some more examples here and here.

Hope that helps.

Miguel