Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sky
Contributor II
Contributor II

Report: Reporting Layout <> Print Preview/Print

Hi QV-Community,

I´ve got some problems with the QV reporting function. When I try to print a layouted report, the preview and the print show a different result. The object header text and the x- and y-axis descriptions are truncated. The reports are developed with QV 11 SR1 and also tested with QV 10, both versions provided the same error. I tried all object and report settings (afaik) but nothing could solve my problem. For better understanding, I attached 2 pics.

Does anybody had the same problem before or does someone has an idea how I could solve this?

Thanks in advance, Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Having same issue, but just found a way to solve this "feature". Right-click your chart, Select Properties, go to General and click "Reset User Sizing"-button. Try run the Report again to see if it works.

How ever, this does not help Mark R (above), who wants to modify the legend or chart size by the "<ctrl-shift>"-option

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, I'm actually fighting that very issue...I've only EVER had version 11.00.11154.0 IR.  Actually, went through the QV designer training and looked at example solution which, of course, renders perfectly...but then I went to the source chart and modified the legend or chart size by just a smidge, (talking about the <ctrl-shift> to see/modify the red boxes for chart size etc) Presto, the problem occurs.  Legends are truncated, and/or the space for the legend is eaten up by the chart.  I ran another test where I created a simple chart and didn't change any of the sizes, and it rendered just fine.  As soon as I resized via Ctrl-Shift, the symptoms appeared.  Just tried again on a slightly more complex chart and modified legend attributes without issue.  Seems that it has something to do with the resizing/moving of the legends ??

Good Luck, I hope this gets fixed, 'cause it's painful! and I like to move my legends around!

Thanks,
Mark

jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Having same issue, but just found a way to solve this "feature". Right-click your chart, Select Properties, go to General and click "Reset User Sizing"-button. Try run the Report again to see if it works.

How ever, this does not help Mark R (above), who wants to modify the legend or chart size by the "<ctrl-shift>"-option

sky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thats exactly what the qv support told me to do. It still cuts some discriptions but it´s a solution which is better then my initial situation.

jstensig
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi again,

Do you know if this has been reported to QlikTech as a bug ?

Or is it WAD (Working As Designed)