Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying the default value of a list box dynamically

Hi Every one,

I have a small query. I have a list box with year values in it. For that list box I have to keep a default value for the Year based on the Current Year in the Calendar year field.

Actually I have hard coded it with the steps.

Settings->Document Properties->Triggers->OnOpen

In that I have set the Field Value of Year to F13.

But the question is I have to display the value of Year based on the current year in the Calendar Year Field.
Can you guys , help me in building an expression for displaying the default value dynamically.

The Data looks like the one mentioned below.

Capture_qlikview.PNG

Many Thanks,

Surendra

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you could get away with using Set Analysis in your Expression for the value you want to hold in the list box. Applying a condition on your set analysis should make it dynamic.

Hope that is helpful.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Surendra,

Not sure if I got your question right. Assuming that what you want is to dynamically select current year in the field [Calendar Year], add a new action on open, select in field, [Calendar Year] and search string

=Year(Today())

Is that what you are looking for?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

That was the context of the question. How ever I got a different question now. I need to display the default year such that if the

current date falls under 01-April-(year)  to 31-March-(year+1), the default financial year has to be displayed as (year+1).

Can you help me in developing expression that displays the value of the year accordingly.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Use the InYearToDate() function as in this example:

=InYearToDate('01/04/2012', '31/03/2012', 0, 4)

Where the first parameter is the date, the second the end of the year, the third (0) shows this year, next year (1), previous year (-1), and the fourth (4) in which natural month the year starts (April in this case). The example above will return 0 (false) because is not on this fiscal year, but

=InYearToDate('01/01/2012', '31/03/2012', 0, 4)

will return -1 (true) because it's on this fiscal year

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

That sounds like a good idea.

I don't think we can hard code the date expression. The Year(Financial Year) has to be displayed checking the current date to fall in the range( 01-April-(year)  to 31-March-(year+1)) . Please can you help me in making the expression.

Thanks,

Surendra

Not applicable
Author

Guys,

Can any one help me regarding this

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Why you don't create this as a field in your calendar script with two possible values 1 and 0, for example, so you will select 1 meaning all dates in current fiscal year and 0 otherwise?

Hope that helps.

Miguel