Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IF statement in Script

I am currently doing the following as a Dimension in a chart, how Do I get this into a script?

Transactions is one table, ABICode is another table

=if(Transactions.ProductID = '33', Num(ABICode.ABIVixaInsuranceGroup),

if(Transactions.ProductID = '31', Num(ABICode.ABIBikeInsuranceGroup),Num(ABICode.ABIAxaInsuranceGroup)))

So in the script I would want to say something like - but i'm not sure where to put into the script.

if(Transactions.ProductID = '33', Num(ABICode.ABIVixaInsuranceGroup),

if(Transactions.ProductID = '31', Num(ABICode.ABIBikeInsuranceGroup),Num(ABICode.ABIAxaInsuranceGroup))) AS NewAbiInsurance Group

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mabye a typo?

Do you have a field named [Transactions.ProductID] and is your table namend [ABICode] ?

Not applicable
Author

I have a Field named ProductID in Transactions Table

I have a three fields in ABICode Table ABIVixaInsuranceGroup, ABIAxaInsuranceGroup, ABIBikeInsuranceGroup

If ProductID is 33 I need to look at Vixa column, if it's 31 I need to look at Bike, otherwise I want to look at Axa

This works fine in the chart I am using but if I want to then click on an insurance group in my chart it doesn't allow it because I am passing an if statement,

So to combat this I want to add an additional column in the transactions table - that could be called anything (ABAInsGroup) so that I can use this column in my chart.

Not sure if I am making sense (apologies and thanks for your help).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you provide us with an example of your QV-document or at least the script you are using?

Not applicable
Author

let's try something else:

M_Vixa:

Mapping Load 1, ABIVixaInsuranceGroup Resident ABICode;

M_Bike:

Mapping Load 1, ABIBikeInsuranceGroup Resident ABICode;

M_Axa:

Mapping Load 1, ABIAxaInsuranceGroup Resident ABICode;

Data:

Load ProductID,

if(ProductID = '33', ApplyMap('M_Vixa',1),