Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps - locations not showing correctly

Hi, new to CQlikview and trying to get a map up and running, copied a chart object & scripting from an example file and I am able to get the map coming up ok but my locations (London & Amman) are not showing in the correct spots. I have multiple London locations and they show up all over the world (most of them in the ocean at either the top or bottom of the globe. Have checked my geocoding and it is correct. Anything simple I need to adjust?

Roger

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maybe the following document can guide you: http://global.qlik.com/uploadedfiles/Whitepapers/whitepaper_how_qliktech_uses_qlikview_google_maps.p...

Just follow all the steps in this document, and it should work correctly.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want you could try out Idevio Maps as an alternative to Google Maps, it's a faster, more interactive way to use maps within Qlikview. Main benefits are:

• Fast map with dynamic zoom and pan.
  • Client side rendering, handles thousands of objects with ease.
  • Plug and play, easy to setup and configure.
  • World coverage, street level for many areas.
  • Secure, own hosting possible.

IdevioMaps are available to Qlikview 10 and  as an extension object.

Visit www.idevio.com for more info and demo (logon on with demo demo).

qv_linearrows.png

Idevio is a QlikTech Technology partner since 2009 and our maps are currently featured both at QlikMarket and at QlikDemos. Of course, I would be happy to provide eval licenses anyone should be interested.

Thanks,

Patric patric.nordstrom@idevio.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

However, there are many technical limitations in using Google Maps (GMaps) to display QlikView KPI indicators. First of all, the drill-down, pan and selection capabilities are quite limited. Moreover, you cannot display several indicators at the same time and on the same map (background + foreground indicators), you are also limited to draw bubbles and therefore you cannot display pie/bar charts nor "real" heat maps. Finally, you cannot display QlikView KPIs on specific Sales/Business Areas with GMaps such as the Bricks in the Pharmaceutical sector (Brick = aggregation of zipcodes).

On top of that, there are also a few "commercial" aspects to be considered since many QlikView customers & channel partners use GMaps API "FREE" Key inside their QlikView server or rich client without complying with GMaps license terms...Indeed, for "professional internal use" (intranet, extranet or internet with username/password authentication to QlikView application), you must buy GMaps API "Premier" which costs about 10,000 $ USD per year or 8,500 euros per year + possible extra fees depending upon the total number of daily hits.

A few alternatives exist such as Open Street Map (totally FREE) or other WMS/TMS services. I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 SR1 namely "GeoQlik v11.6":

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic