Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Concatenating Tables

I have 3 tables with the same field names.  Is there anyway I can concatenate the tables into one table with the same field names?

VendorRAN:

load

(APHVCH) as LINK_KEYV1,

APHVCH,

Concat(if(APHNAM<>'SIOUX FALLS TAX',if(APHNAM<>'BALTIC TAX',if(APHNAM<>'EARTH CITY TAX',if(APHNAM<>'HURON TAX',if(APHNAM<>'TEXAS TAX - AUSTIN',APHNAM))))),'; ') as C

FROM

$(vQVDPath)AppVendorRAN.qvd (qvd);

VendorAER:

load

(APHVCH) as LINK_KEYV1,

APHVCH,

Concat(if(APHNAM<>'SIOUX FALLS TAX',if(APHNAM<>'BALTIC TAX',if(APHNAM<>'EARTH CITY TAX',if(APHNAM<>'HURON TAX',if(APHNAM<>'TEXAS TAX - AUSTIN',APHNAM))))),'; ') as C

FROM

$(vQVDPath)AppVendorAER.qvd (qvd);

VendorCAN:

load

(APHVCH) as LINK_KEYV1,

APHVCH,

FROM

$(vQVDPath)AppVendorCAN.qvd (qvd);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Concatenation is the default when Field Names are the same. In your example, you will have all rows in ones table -- VendorRAN. You don't have to do anything different. Note that the VendorAER and VendorCAN tables will not be created.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Concatenation is the default when Field Names are the same. In your example, you will have all rows in ones table -- VendorRAN. You don't have to do anything different. Note that the VendorAER and VendorCAN tables will not be created.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to concatenate differently named fields in different tables in my script?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can force or suppress concatenation by using the CONCATENATE / NOCONCATENATE prefix on the Load statement.

-Rob