Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic column name on selection of parmeter

dynamic column name.png

if you look to above snap; then you will see on selection of year the below chart column is changed

e.g. on selection of 2008.

Regards

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Andy, since you seem to have access to the application, it is most easy to just open the properties and learn how things are done in a working application. There are probably two issues here: the dynamic change of the column header and the limitation of the calculation of the column values depending on the selected year.

Regarding the first issue, the column name or label can be defined via an expression, for example if Year is your year field name,

=max(Year)

will show the (max) selected year as label or column header.

=max(Year)-1

will show the previous Year, and

=max(Year) & ' vs. ' & max(Year)-1

e.g. '2012 vs. 2011'.

You can limit the calculation of the values to selected years using set analysis, like:

=sum({<Year = {$(=max(Year))}>} Sales)

and

=sum({<Year = {$(=max(Year)-1)}>} Sales)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Andy,

Since you already set the status of this post to 'Assumed answered' and I can't see a question anywhere, I think you want to show a possible solution to a problem you solved.

That's fine, but please elaborate a bit more what your requirements were and what you did, step by step, so someone else having this requirement too can resuse what you've done.

Thanks,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hello Stefan,

Sorry my mistake i didn't mention the issue which i am facing. So here is the question ;

on selection of year , i want my column name take that year which i selected from the list and next column with

1 less to it and 3rd column hold the difference of both column.

C1       C2          C3    

RefMD  2008   2007   2008 Vs 2007

Hope this clear my question.

Regards

Andy

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Andy, since you seem to have access to the application, it is most easy to just open the properties and learn how things are done in a working application. There are probably two issues here: the dynamic change of the column header and the limitation of the calculation of the column values depending on the selected year.

Regarding the first issue, the column name or label can be defined via an expression, for example if Year is your year field name,

=max(Year)

will show the (max) selected year as label or column header.

=max(Year)-1

will show the previous Year, and

=max(Year) & ' vs. ' & max(Year)-1

e.g. '2012 vs. 2011'.

You can limit the calculation of the values to selected years using set analysis, like:

=sum({<Year = {$(=max(Year))}>} Sales)

and

=sum({<Year = {$(=max(Year)-1)}>} Sales)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thnx Stefan