Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flag in script to show when the count of x is >1 at x_Location

I would like to create a flag in the script that shows where the count of IP_Name is >1 at any distinct IP_Location.  (Both IP_name and IP_Location are in the same table S_IP)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much swuehl.  Your example worked perfectly and I applied.  Very appreciated!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably need to use the aggregation function count() in your load script, thus you need a group by statement, something like ( I join the result back to your original table, not sure if this is what you want:

S_IP:

LOAD

IP_NAME,

IP_LOCATION

FROM ...;

LEFT JOIN (S_IP) LOAD

IP_LOCATION,

if(count(IP_NAME),1,0) as IP_NAME_COUNT_FLAG

resident S_IP group by IP_LOCATION;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but it always come back as true?  I tried it your way and

if(count(Distinct IP_NAME >1),1,0 as Flag_Dupe

I want every distinct  IP_Name that exists more than once at a distinct IP_Location to be flagged

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

IP_Location     IP_Name                        IP_Serial_Lot_Number     FLAG_DUPE 10193_008_2     Hexapod Evo Module             002990      10193_008_2     XVI KV Generator             Serialized-GOL                      1 10193_008_2     iViewGT aSi Panel (MV)     Serialized-GOL                   1 10193_008_2     iViewGT aSi Panel (MV)     3375                                      1 10193_008_2     XVI KV Generator             G30310                              1   The first three columns come from the table I am loading, the fourth one (FLAG_DUPE) is the one I would like to create.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, it's hard for me to read your table, I tried to parse in it an INLINE version, comma separated and added an flag creation. Maybe like this?

IP:

LOAD * INLINE [

IP_Location,     IP_Name,  IP_Serial_Lot_Number

10193_008_2,     Hexapod Evo Module,             002990 ,

10193_008_2 ,    XVI KV Generator ,            Serialized-GOL

10193_008_2,     iViewGT aSi Panel (MV),     Serialized-GOL

10193_008_2,     iViewGT aSi Panel (MV),     3375      

10193_008_2,     XVI KV Generator,             G30310    

];

left join LOAD IP_Location, IP_Name, if (count( IP_Name)>1,1,0) as DUPE Resident IP Group by IP_Location, IP_Name;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

IP_Location                    IP_Name               Flag_Dupe

12345                              iViewGT               1

12345                              iViewGT               1

12345                              Hexapod              

12345                              XVI                        1

12345                              XVI                        1

Formatting went berserk

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much swuehl.  Your example worked perfectly and I applied.  Very appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you rock!