Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection - Selecting every date before a selected date

Hi There,

I'm trying to build a report where users can see all data from before a date that they select.

I don't want to have users select multiple dates from a list box, i'd like for them to select one date and have the system also select every date before it so that they get the complete set.

I believe the best bet would be a macro, but i wanted to see if there was a better solution.

I've searched the forum and come up empty, so my guess is this is either so easy no one has ever had to ask OR it's impossible.

Any help you guys can provide is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ben,

How about creating a variable in which the user picks a date (maybe using the calendar object), then add a trigger that fires on change of said variable that runs a "Select in field" action that selects values that are smaller than the selected variable date in your date field?

Hope this makes sense

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ben,

How about creating a variable in which the user picks a date (maybe using the calendar object), then add a trigger that fires on change of said variable that runs a "Select in field" action that selects values that are smaller than the selected variable date in your date field?

Hope this makes sense

Not applicable
Author

Golden Advice!

Thanks Johannes.