Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Installing Desktop exe

Hi I've just installed QV on a users laptop, however it looks like it's in personal edition and he's not leasing license from the server.

How do i get this to work and to enable the user to edit other authors QVW files.

Regards

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try connecting to the server from the user machine to see if it properly leases a license

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Johannes, this appears to work but if he opens it in server it won't allow my colleague to edit the existing qvw - how can i do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After opening a document from the server, the QlikView desktop application should have leased a license and should now be able to open standalone .qvw applications. Is this working? And are your colleagues leasing licenses as well?

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry to be a nuisance ! my colleague gets a message saying the qvw was created by another personal edition user and as such can't be modified. If it is recovered he will lose one of his recovery attempts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries, if both of you are leasing licenses, the document should open just fine.

If you start standalone QlikView without opening any document there should be a message on the screen telling you whether you're running Personal Edition or leasing a license from a server.