Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to store a dataset in QV

Hi!

How do I store the result from a selection at a certain point in time? I know that you can use bookmarks to store the selection you have done but this doesn't store the data (the result set) at a certain point in time.

As an example, the customer wants to store "a picture of the situation" every week or every month. . I have not worked with reports and maybe this is the way the problem is solved? I mean, are reports stored with its data and are possible to use? I guess that you are building a report template and when you run the report, the recent updates are populated into the report but are the data also stored so you can in some way go back after, for example a year, and check how the outcome was for/in the end of June 2011 when you are in June 2012?

So my question is - can you solve this problem using:

a) Report and/or

b) By using an ordinary dashboard in QV where you have stored the situation back in time?

Rgds

Fredrik

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If you are using the IE Plugin, you can write data out to Excel or to a database by a macro.

Not applicable
Author

OK, so you are not able to solve this within Qlikview? If not, it seems strange that they not have found a solution for this which seems to be a very common problem which many users.

The result would be that you have one qlikview dashboard were you have an instant view and then you would store data at certain points in time into a Datawarehouse (DW) and then have a second QV-dashboard/solution collecting data from that DW to show more or less the same data.

/Fredrik

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

Hi again!

Thank you for your answers. Can you please tell me more about the IE Plugin?

Rgds

Fredrik