Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing Qlikview data from external process

If I chose to use Qlikview as my transformed data repository, would I be able to use the Qlikview application to return query information for external processes? Can I use Qlikview like a data server that has a mini data warehouse? Or is it smart to have a clean datahouse seperate from what is loaded into Qlikview, so that windows application and other report methods can use it. Then use the Qlikview data for Qlikview related development.
5 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

There are operations (e.g. Store in script) & functions in charts to drop data into external file formats (e.g. CSV and XLS). It will depend on your external reporting needs (vs. use of QlikView) to determine how appropriate these are to your requirements.

Not applicable
Author

So using the QlikView API, I can't access the data directly like I can with a SQL statement? I can only export data? When I export the data using the API would I have to tap into existing controls that have been built for that Qlikview application or can I query the data directly from that application? Hope that makes since. I am just trying to decide where most of our data transfermations would reside. I don't want all our final "cleaned" data stored in only Qlikview if I won't be able to all the things I would if that "cleaned" data was on the database server.

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Right there is no mechanism to externally query the data inside a QlikView document

Not applicable
Author

However with the API, I could manipulate a selection criteria and export a tables contents to a file, correct?

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

yes you should be able to achieve this using the combination of API and export