cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

'Update license from Server' button is grayed out

I'm installing QV Server v11 SR1. When I get to the step of entering the license in QMC, the 'Update' button is grayed out. I made sure that I have entered the required fields of Serial, Control, Name, and Organization, but the button remains gray. DSC and QVWS both have status of 'Disconnected' in the status tab.

The license number is valid, and this Windows session does have access to the internet (it's where I'm posting this note).

I tried disabling Windows UAC per another post, but that had no effect. I would appreciate advice and suggestions.

~ James ~

18 Replies
jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Ralph, I de-installed QV11 Desktop and QV11 Server, deleted the folders, and reinstalled QV11 Server. Success - I was able to enter the license. However, the 'Update from server' button remained grayed until I first entered the LEF text, per Cesar's suggestion, and clicked the 'Apply' button.

QVS is now working and AccessPoint displays the sample QVW files from the installation.

You both deserve credit for the answers, but I can only mark one Correct Answer, unfortunately. So I will mark the other as Helpful, which it was.

Thank you for helping!

~ James ~

Not applicable

James,

This interesting you are l to access the Internet using your browser but QlikView is not able to access the Internet. 

Not that it is an issue now, but you company's Firewall must have not allowed QlikView outside access, even though is is hosted on the Windows 7 system you are using.

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I'm working from a home office through a fairly standard DSL router connection. The firewall is set to block incoming connections to programs not on the allowed list, but would this cause the symptoms I was seeing? I mean, after I entered the .lef data, I was able to use the Update from Server button.

Still not clear why this happened.

~ James ~

Not applicable

My understanding is; the only reason you need to enter the LEF manually is because QlikView cannot access the Internet.

I will give this some more thought.  Does the QV server log show any entries?

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I looked through all the logs in ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer. Only one error caught my eye, "Failed to load extension ." I did see in the event log where the QV Server service stopped and restarted when I entered the license data, but that's all.

Anywhere else I should check?

I'm going to try an experiment and remove the Server license, then try again to add it and see if the same problem happens.

~ James ~

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

After I clicked "Clear License", the QVS status showed as Unlicensed.

When I tried to enter the license again, the same thing happened: until I pasted in the .lef text and clicked Apply License, the Update License from Server button is gray. After I did this, the button became active. I clicked it and got a short "Processing...please wait" message, but nothing seemed to change afterward. There wasn't even a "Success" message that I saw the first time.

Is there some other function I can try to verify whether or not QlikView can access the internet?

~ James ~

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same error. But i get only one error. QVS unlicensed. in QV 11 SR2..

any sol ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

any sol ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

any sol ?