Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help to solve licensed to personal edition installation problem

I installed the 32bit 9.0 Personal Edition of QlikView in a machine which had a expired licensed 32bit 8.5 version installed.

I uninstalled the expired 8.5 version before and so installed the 9.0 Personal editon. After that the same restriction appeared when I used the expired version came about. Every time I try to load a application created using the Personal edition, Qlikview shows the following message not permitting me to open the .qvw file.

Could someone help me to solve this problem?

Message: your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of documents recoveries allowed for the Personal Edition license. To continue using Qlikview you need to purchase a full Qlikview license...

Thank you.

Rgds.

Mário Tonizza.

2 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Mario

Have you been trying to open 8.5 documents with the Personal Edition install? If so it will fail or use a recovery attempt trying to open one of these documents.

Regards

John Trigg

Global product Manager - QlikView Developer

Not applicable
Author

John,

Thank you for your response. I am working with the 9.0 version. The 8.5 version was uninstalled. I have tried the machine recovery process as you suggested, but the problem persists. After uninstalled the 8.5 (before 9.0 installation) I searched machine registry and realized that many records related QV still remained. Other thing is that the license information is still appearing in the License Enabler File Editor in both Current License Key and Current License Enabler File fields. Is there some script that uninstalls QV completely including registry records and other .dll license files? I will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Rgds.

Mário Tonizza.