Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server installation issue - V11 SR1

Hi, I am installing (well attempting to).. Qlikview 11 SR1 on our new server : -

The issue I am facing is that after I have run the installer I have 3 services which cannot be contacted, I have checked the user privaliges, ports, tried using local host all to no avail..  I need to get this server up asap but after spending yesterday installing, uninstalling, I am completely baffled any ideas that could help me?

18 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are you pasting all three elements (serial, control and LEF)? If you are upgrading from version 10 to 11, is the LEF updated?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I am coopying the LEF from the manual lef page and pasting it all in and completing the serial number and the control number, in addition to the Name and Organization.  The code is in use by another server at the moment but surely I would receive a different message if that was impacting (The old server which will be decomissioned is runing v10 SR3 and is 32 bit) do I need a new LEF for the V11 SR1 64bit?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

No you don't need a new number, but when the registration successes it will show the server as Off Duty instead of "Disconnected". But, yes, that might be the cause to not being the new server registering. Just stop all QlikView Services in the old server, register the new, and you are done.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

At the moment hte service just says "unlicensed", the rest of them including publisher is working, I will see if I can disconnect the other server for a few minutes ...  They are on diffferent domains though

Stopping the services was no benefit, still unable to apply the license.

Not applicable
Author

I don't know if here is the case, but you have to stop any other QlikView server running in the network. If you don't have a proper licence, the new QlikView server will simply refuse to start, without any warning.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Resolved by uninstalling QVS renaming the server and reinstalling QVS....

ksmccann
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Miguel

I have seen this suggestion to copy in the LEF manually on multiple posts. I have copied the LEF, the license and control no as well as the names and I still get the error described in this thread. I have tried this in multiple environments (pasting the LEF) and it has never worked. Is there something else that needs to be done to get a manual LEF to work? Should this eliminate port, service account, etc issues or is this still a dependcy on other things even when you provide the LEF?

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. Please, what do you mean "renaming the server"? How do i uninstall QVS (do you mean uninstall QlikView Server)?  And all of my scheduled jobs? And all of my configurations?  I don´t thing this is the solution. This is not a shareware applications. This is a production software.  I am still searching a solution.

Not applicable
Author

I just reaply licence in "System" / "Licences" / "QlikView Server" / "QlikView Server Licences" / [Control] / (Apply Licence).  Restart the services and now is working again.