Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor

Displaying large data in sets of 10000

I have table with thousands of records and we need to display all the records.

The Details are now put in a table box.

Often the chart hangs or throws out of memory error.

So, we plan to display the records in sets of 10000 and with previous and next buttons.. is it possible

How to achieve this

Thanks

KRS

12 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could probably do this with a button and variable. I am assuming you have an ID field that goes from 1-n rows.

Create a variable vTableMin and set it to 1

Create a button ("Next") with 2 actions:

1. Select In Field: Field=ID, Expression= ='>= vTableMin<vTableMin+10000'

2. External > Set Variable: variable =vTableMin, value= vTableMin + 10000

Create another button ("First"):

1. Select In Field: Field=ID, Expression= ='> 1<v10000'

2. External > Set Variable: variable =vTableMin, value= 1

I might have the syntax of the select in field slightly wrong but it should give you a start.

Hope this helps,

Jason

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It worked to some extent.

Min = 20000

Max = 30000

Select in Field Search condition is like below:

='>=' &varTableMin & ' and <=' &varTableMax

But all records <=Max is selected, first condition is ignored?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please post your app.

Not applicable

hi,

Not sure if my question fits in here. Nevertheless, I will write in my question, if it does not fit in this thread let me know.

I have a resultset in sql server which is over 1.5 million records and I was trying to load it on excel, it does not allow me to paste it as excel allows only 1 million records.so, now I want to export the sql server data to a text file. Can anyone please tell me how to do this

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can do this in QlikView if you like:

Data:

LOAD

field1,

field2,

etc

; SQL SELECT ... FROM ....;

STORE DATA INTO Data.csv(txt);

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Just in case you missed on that, my data is still on sql server, so I want to know how to transfer query results from sql server to text file/csv

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

And I've provided a solution for using QlikView to do this. If you have further questions please start a new thread.

Cheers,

Jason

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please find the app attached.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've attached a solution for you.  Using buttons for advanced searches is tricky - the search string has to resolve to a string enclosed in single quotes.  So I have created a variable that uses your variable varTableMin to build this string.  The buttons increase or decrease the value of varTableMin by a defined increment (another variable for easy management).

You will notice you sometimes have to press a button twice for it to work.  This is a bug in QV where actions within a single button often don't respect the result of a previous action in the same button.  For example, if the first action is to increase a variable and the second action is to act on the new variable value, the second action doesn't respect the change made by the first.  So you have to press the button twice.  Hopefully it's not too much of a hinderence...

Hope this helps,

Jason