Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving QlikView documents to new folders on Server

Hi there.

I am trying to move my QlikView documents from the root directory of the Documents folder into subfolders, but am struggling.

Every time I move the files associated with the QVW (.qvw, .qvw.log, .qvw.Meta, qvw.Shared) into the subfolder, I still end up with a .qvw entry in the Documents tab of EMC.

I've tried removing all scheduled reloads and Doc CALs and stopping the qvs service, but I still end up with the .qvw being re-created in the root directory, at least that's how it appears in EMC. The physical .qvw file is in the subfolder.

Anyone been able to do this successfully?

Cheers

Adam

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Adam,

If you are using publisher you will need to change the task you have setup to point the distribution to the new folder location.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill.

We're not using Publisher.

Adam

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is the subfolder under the Root folder?

c:\rootfolder\subfolder

If so then it is working as designed. You will need to have two different locations

c:\rootfolder

c:\newfolder

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.