Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line color in scatter chart

Hi!

is there a way to set the color of the lines in a scatter chart? At the moment every line has its own color based on what is defined at the color-tab in the preferences.

I'd like to have the color calculated from other data fields wich are not a dimension or an expression of the chart. Everyting I enter for the Background Color propery of the dimensions or expressions has no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When selecting the expression in the expression tab you can set the Background color .

The expression used does not necessarily be a part of the dimension of expressions used ... as long as it makes sence ofcourse.

Can you give an example of what you want to enter as expression??

Not applicable
Author

When you choose a color, there also the option of using a calculated color.

Look under Color Area and then Base Color. There you can set a fixed color or a calculated one.

Not applicable
Author

I am using the GoogleMaps-Chart from the example files. Expressions are longitude and latitude.

Setting the Background Color Property of one or both to something static (like =rgb(0,255,0) ) has no effect.

The lines seem to get their color according to the last dimension uesd, as before.

Of course one can change these colors and set them to a fixed value or calculate them by expression, but it seems like this expression is evaluated before the chart is drawn and one color expression yields always the same value during the drawing process of the chart. I tried something like

=rgb(0,COLORR,0)

as expression in the color tab. Where COLORR is a field name with different data for each line. This did not work.

kji
Employee
Employee

In a scatter chart you have to put the backgroundcolor expression on the first expression for it to work.

Not applicable
Author

Johan Idh wrote:backgroundcolor expression on the first expression for it to work.

Right, as long you've got only one dimension.
This is all rather strange.

francoiswiid
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Have the same problem, where I can't use multiple colours on my scatter chart lines, got a workaround yet Steffeno?