Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document properties

When I change a setting in the Document Properties and click Apply and then close the Document properties window and reopen it, the settings have gone back to their default. This happens no matter what settings I change. It is only happending on one qvw file.

Please help.

8 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If it's only happening with one document, I would suggest contacting support.

-Rob

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I agree with Rob. Also you can make sure the file is not read-only--if it is, no changes will be saved of course.

Regards,

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I could swear this happened to me fairly recently. I don't remember details, unfortunately. I think clicking OK instead of Apply still worked in my case. Then I think the problem vanished as mysteriously as it appeared. I can't even remember if it was one of my real applications in 8.5, or if I was fiddling with 9.0 at the time. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Not applicable
Author

I just tried again this morning and I was able to change Document Properties. Then, when trying to change the Document Properties a 2nd time, I couldn't.

Some qvw's won't let me and some will. I don't understand what on Earth's happening.

Not applicable
Author

Having done a lot more testing, it is only happening with the Tutorial.qvw.

The difference between that file and the others is that the option "Use AJAX mode in layout (beta)" was ticked. It doesn't seem to matter that I opened the Tutorial.qvw file, unticked that option and saved as MyTutorial.qvw, it still happens.

So, it only seems to happen with files that are or were at any point set to "Use AJAX mode in layout (beta)"

Agree?

thanks

fil

Not applicable
Author

Can anyone post a qvw file that has this problem?

Not applicable
Author

No probs. Here's my one. It is the one that comes with the Personal Edition of QlikView. I have since unchecked the Use AJX option and done other stuff.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did anybody find a solution for this?
I have the same problem with 1 document. I can not change (some) document settings. If I click Ok and open the settings again it is not saved.

Just like in the example Filipe uploaded I can not change settings on (for example) the tab Opening or Security

I think is must be a security setting in the document because it is the same on different computers.
And the problem only occures in 1 document.

I am using Qlikview 9.00.7646.9 SR6

PS I did not use AJAX-mode so that can't be the problem