Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Raw data table display

Hi, I have below two tables which I am using to anaylze.

NameCost per Lb in $.QtyExpiry DateBuy DateBuyer
Mango10100004-Aug-201204-Jun-2012PP
Oranges5200005-Jul-201204-May-2012AA

CropCost per Lb $QtyReserved for next yearProducerCountry of Origin
Rice54000400AChina
Wheat41000100BUSA
Oat52000200CCanada
Barley61000100DArgentina

I have created pivot cobinign aboveboth tables for my analysis (Fruit as well as Crops).

But when I want to display raw data seperately for both the tables, QV is combining data from both tables because some fields *(like COst, QTY) are common.

Any idea how easy to segreatge these data without using list box option?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview is working EXACTLY as expected. As you have created 2 tables stating what type you want, it will ignore the selection you did on type. The table Will always show up no matter what. This is what you programmed.

If sometimes you want one and sometimes you want others and sometimes you want both, why not have only 1 table with the Field type on it and turn on the dropdown feature for this Field? Than you Will be able to filter inside the tabel what set of data you want to see.

If you want to compare, you may have a look at the new feature on Qlikview 11, called Alternate States.

Esta mensagem (incluíndo qualquer anexo) é dirigida apenas para o uso do indivíduo ou da entidade a qual está endereçada e pode conter informações privadas, proprietárias, privilegiadas, confidenciais que podem servir como evidências sob as leis aplicáveis ou em processos judiciais.

Caso você não seja o destinatário pretendido, você está aqui notificado que qualquer uso, disseminação, distribuição, ou cópia dessa comunicação é estritamente proibida. Se você recebeu essa comunicação por engano, notifique-nos imediatamente por telefone, e destrua essa mensagem se estiver impressa ou (ii) exclua imediatamente essa mensagem se esta for uma comunicação eletrônica.

Obrigado.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and destroy this message if this is printed or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

rename the comon fields.

qty as crop_qty

cost as cost_qty

qty as buy_qty

cost as buy_qty

use all the fields when combining data.

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try this,

Using qualify statement in script , you can able to display the raw data separately without map to the another table, but make sure that, you don't want to combine the tables for further.

Qualify B;

Load A,B from x.csv;

Load A,B from y.csv;

The two tables x.csv and y.csv are joined only on A. Three fields will result: A, x.B, y.B.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I will have two tabs one will show pivot combinign summary of both the tables. and another tab will just display raw data extract of all fields.

Right now on Table Box properties I have used "calclulation condiion tab" as one table is corresponding to Fruit and another to Crops.

Ofcourse when no type is selcted both tables are empty stating 'Calculation condition unfulfilled'.

I am not sure if renaming of fields will work as common field names help summarizing pivot view if two tables.

I will try to use qualify solution.

Not applicable
Author

Qualify Will do exactly what I have told, but for all fields and automatically.

Maybe you should concatenate both tables and create a Field called DATAMART where you could put the type (CROP, SELL).

When you want only one to be displayed, select the DM you want or maybe use the set analysis on the formulas

De: andrepeter

Enviada em: segunda-feira, 2 de julho de 2012 17:26

Para: Adriano Weihmayer Almeida

Assunto: - Re: Raw data table display

QlikCommunity<http://community.qlik.com/index.jspa>

We would appreciate your participation in 'The BI Survey 11: The Customer Verdict'<https://digiumenterprise.com/answer?link=931-APTZARSW> the world's largest survey of business intelligence (BI) and performance management (PM) users.

Re: Raw data table display

created by andrepeter<http://community.qlik.com/people/andrepeter> in New to QlikView - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/233819#233819>

Not applicable
Author

Created tableview from Chart type box and used set analysis method.

Reason I used Set analysis is we have multiple DM type (if i can borrow variable name from earlier post).

Now as of now it seems to be working. Thanks alot for the help.

==================================================================================

Lastest update- still facing some problems with two raw data tables. Some times they are becoming detached , hence don't take controls from slected listbox, didn't know it was possible. WIll update solution with correct method once I have solved the issue.

Not applicable
Author

Any idea how to use GetFieldSelections in set analysis.

I want to use setanalysis similar to below example

= If(GetSelectedCount(Type-Listbox) = 0, Count({$<Type={Rice,Wheat,Oat,Barley}>},Type),

Count({$<Type={GetFieldSelections(Type-Listbox)}>},Type))

But this bold part doesn't work because i can't include GerFieldSelections in Set Analysis.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,   Try joining the two table using an artifical filed like Source in the file attached. This allows you to use the entier data set accross both tables and also lets you mantain the integrety of the individual tables.   Best of luck!  Regards  Rahul L

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

by your bold text, it seems you want to count the amount of types not selected.

If this is the case:

Create Text boxes:

='Total: ' & count({ 1<Name={'*'}> } distinct Name)

='Selected: '& getSelectedCount(Name)

= 'Not Selected: ' & (count({ 1<Name={'*'}> } distinct Name) - getSelectedCount(Name))

to use functions on set analysis, put the function between  $(=    )

ex:

count the number of depts that a single employee is manager

count( { < Manager={ '=Only(Employee)' }  >  }  Dept)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for all the responses.

Sorry if I didn't put question clearly earlier.

I was trying to display taw data for both the tables Fruits and Crops in two seperate raw tables on qlikview dashboard.

In my inline data I added one extra field called Type. Type has value as 'Fruit' for fruits tables and 'Crop' for Crop Table.

I did that using set analysis because I wanted one table to display "Fruit" data and another to display "Crop".

For e.g. =COUNT({$<[Type] ={Fruit}>} Type)

=COUNT({$<[Type] ={Crop}>} Type)

Now both tables are segregated and display only data for Fruits and Crops respectively.

Now if I put a listbox with value of "Type". Irrepsective of selction of listbox rawtable's value doesn't change.

For e.g. if I select only Type as "Fruit" , Crop Raw table doesn't become empty but continues showing Crop raw data.

If I add filters for rest of the fields, it works perfectly fine. But only Type listbox filter is ineefcetive because it is in set analysis.

Hence I was trying to do similar to below solution but it doesn't work

= If(GetSelectedCount(Type) = 0, Count({$<Type={Crop}>},Type), Count

Count({$<Type={GetFieldSelections(Type)}>},Type)).

Bold part in above equation never works. It can't get list of selected fields from list box. My expexctation was once it finds selected type is Fruit in listbox, above equeation will ensure nothing to be displayed on Crop raw table.

At present I have solved it by adding extra field "Type_1"(duplicate of Type) in my set analysis and keeping listbox for field "Type". It works.

For e.g. =COUNT({$<[Type_1] ={Fruit}>} Type_1)

=COUNT({$<[Type_1] ={Crop}>} Type_1)

But I think adding extra field is not good solution. Any suggestion is appreciated.