Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help needed to get accumulation for a derived percentage

Hi,

attached is a chart that i'm attempting to turn into an accumulation. The issue is that the expression is sum(a)/sum(b), and has a dimension of months, so what happens is if I turn on the auto accumulation, the percentage goes up to the 300-400% regions, which is wrong.. If I instead try to hard code it to look at the month and then sum the numerator and denominator and then divide, it just spits out the individual calculation..

What i'm after is if July has a numerator of 50 and denominator of 100, then the value for July will be 50%.

If August has a numerator of 75, and a denominator of 100, then the value of August should be 62.5% (125/200)

And so on..

Can someone take a look and help me out please..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Matt,

Not 100% on what you're looking to calculate but is this close?

(rangesum(above((SUM({$<data_measure={'Actual'},ReportSubTitle ={'Qpjal Jyjlotqb Wnzw Xx Xnug'}, DateFinYear={'$(=vCurrentFinYear)'}, DateMonth= >}data_value)), 0, Rowno()))

/

rangesum(above((SUM({$<data_measure={'Actual'},ReportSubTitle ={'Ejvdo Syzghzka Edjf (Wz ITA)'}, DateFinYear={'$(=vCurrentFinYear)'}, DateMonth= >}data_value)),0,Rowno())))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I used above to add previous month value. Can you verify the result?

As July is the 1st month, the expression returns null, but you can add a logic there using an if statement.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Matt,

Not 100% on what you're looking to calculate but is this close?

(rangesum(above((SUM({$<data_measure={'Actual'},ReportSubTitle ={'Qpjal Jyjlotqb Wnzw Xx Xnug'}, DateFinYear={'$(=vCurrentFinYear)'}, DateMonth= >}data_value)), 0, Rowno()))

/

rangesum(above((SUM({$<data_measure={'Actual'},ReportSubTitle ={'Ejvdo Syzghzka Edjf (Wz ITA)'}, DateFinYear={'$(=vCurrentFinYear)'}, DateMonth= >}data_value)),0,Rowno())))

Not applicable
Author

Thats perfect Johannes, thanks so much..

Not applicable
Author

I Johannes,

I've struck another problem with that.   If I create a text box that I want to display the value for a selected month, it doesn't seem to produce the same value as the chart shows.

so my text box has this:

(rangesum(above((SUM({$<data_measure={'Actual'},ReportSubTitle ={'Qpjal Jyjlotqb Wnzw Xx Xnug'}, DateFinYear={'$(=vCurrentFinYear)'} >}data_value)), 0, Rowno()))

/

rangesum(above((SUM({$<data_measure={'Actual'},ReportSubTitle ={'Ejvdo Syzghzka Edjf (Wz ITA)'}, DateFinYear={'$(=vCurrentFinYear)'}>}data_value)),0,Rowno())))

but when I select say December, the value that the chart shows is different to the text box

Any ideas why?