Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikhans
Creator
Creator

connect queries

Hi,

I want to build a QV but the query becomes too complex. Is it possible to give a queries names, and then connect the queries to eachother, for example as you would do in MSaccess?

thanks

Hans

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hans,

All you need to do is to set this as a variable:

Let vConnection = 'CRM5.contact Left Join CRM5.udcontactsmall On CRM5.contact.userdef_id =CRM5.udcontactsmall.udcontactSmall_idLeft JoinCRM5.udlist On CRM5.udcontactsmall.long01 = CRM5.udlist.UDList_id Left Join CRM5.associate On CRM5.contact.associate_id = CRM5.associate.associate_id Left Join CRM5.country On CRM5.contact.country_id = CRM5.country.country_id Left Join CRM5.business On CRM5.contact.business_idx = CRM5.business.business_id Left Join CRM5.category On CRM5.contact.category_idx = CRM5.category.Category_id';

Then you should be able to call this variable at any point in the script, including in a query:

Select
CRM5.contact.contact_id,
CRM5.contact.name As bedrijfsnaam,
CRM5.contact.number2 As klantnummer,
CRM5.udlist.name As markt,
CRM5.associate.name As relatiebeheerder,
CRM5.country.name As land,
CRM5.business.name As rol,
CRM5.category.name As categorie
From
$(vConnection);

Also keep in mind that if you want to use "AS", you will need a preceding load, which you are currently missing.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hans,

You can store connection strings as variables like anything else. Then you would use variable expansion to call the string. I believe you can do this at any point, including inside other connection strings.

Regards,

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vlad, since I am a newbie, I do not exactly understand what you are advising me here. Would it be possible to post an example?

kndrgrds,

Hans

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure. But, I think I misunderstood--you want queries, not connection strings. Can you give me an example of a query you would like to store?

Regards,

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Is going to be after the weekend. Lost the remote connection to my desktop and it is night time here already, so no one to reset the machine .

Hope you will be on line somewhere next week to help out

kind rgrds

Hans

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vlad,

Query1:

Select

CRM5.contact.contact_id,

CRM5.contact.name

As bedrijfsnaam,

CRM5.contact.number2

As klantnummer,

CRM5.udlist.name

As markt,

CRM5.associate.name

As relatiebeheerder,

CRM5.country.name

As land,

CRM5.business.name

As rol,

CRM5.category.name

As categorie

From

CRM5.contact Left Join CRM5.udcontactsmall On CRM5.contact.userdef_id =CRM5.udcontactsmall.udcontactSmall_idLeft JoinCRM5.udlist On CRM5.udcontactsmall.long01 = CRM5.udlist.UDList_id Left Join CRM5.associate On CRM5.contact.associate_id = CRM5.associate.associate_id Left Join CRM5.country On CRM5.contact.country_id = CRM5.country.country_id Left Join CRM5.business On CRM5.contact.business_idx = CRM5.business.business_id Left Join CRM5.category On CRM5.contact.category_idx = CRM5.category.Category_id

this one must be joined to a table which has 'klantnummer' in common. Query 1 has more records than query 2. All records of Query 1 must be included.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hans,

So just to clarify, you want to store the "From" part as a variable? If you want to store the entire query, I'm not sure what the point of that would be...

Regards,

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vlad,

correct

kind rgrds

Hans

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hans,

All you need to do is to set this as a variable:

Let vConnection = 'CRM5.contact Left Join CRM5.udcontactsmall On CRM5.contact.userdef_id =CRM5.udcontactsmall.udcontactSmall_idLeft JoinCRM5.udlist On CRM5.udcontactsmall.long01 = CRM5.udlist.UDList_id Left Join CRM5.associate On CRM5.contact.associate_id = CRM5.associate.associate_id Left Join CRM5.country On CRM5.contact.country_id = CRM5.country.country_id Left Join CRM5.business On CRM5.contact.business_idx = CRM5.business.business_id Left Join CRM5.category On CRM5.contact.category_idx = CRM5.category.Category_id';

Then you should be able to call this variable at any point in the script, including in a query:

Select
CRM5.contact.contact_id,
CRM5.contact.name As bedrijfsnaam,
CRM5.contact.number2 As klantnummer,
CRM5.udlist.name As markt,
CRM5.associate.name As relatiebeheerder,
CRM5.country.name As land,
CRM5.business.name As rol,
CRM5.category.name As categorie
From
$(vConnection);

Also keep in mind that if you want to use "AS", you will need a preceding load, which you are currently missing.

Regards,

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vlad,

Great! with this answer, I think you have helped me out with more issues I have to deal with.

Kind rgrds

Hans