Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Personal edition does not reopen files

Hi -

I'm running QlikView personal edition, but have problems opening files. Every time I try to open a file, I get the "This QlikView document was created by another QVPE user[..]". This happens even if i try to repoen the file immediately after saving the file. This is of course the same user account at the same computer.

Any ideas?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. I cannot reopen my own files I have just created and closed.

Not applicable
Author

I actually managed to figure this one out. In my case, the problem was that there were 2 user accounts on the computer. This caused problems for QLikView even when I was logged in using the same account, and QLikView was set to be installed for that user only.

I solved the problem by deleting the other account. Not a very good solution, but at least it works now.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the hint, but I cannot do it on my computer, so I will need to find another solution for this.

francoiswiid
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Marcybul, found your solution to this problem yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had this problem which was resolved after I rebooted the computer. It probably happens when you do not reboot the computer overnight. Maybe QlickView to revalidate if the same user is logged in the same computer once a day?

Dinesh.