Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a Chart

Hello,

I am trying to make a table, where I use field values as the dimensions.

For example I have one list box that counts a number for a specific date, and another with the words yes/no.  When either are highlited it counts the number in that specific circumstance. How do I create a table that will look like this

YES      NO

DATE     Count     Count
DATE     Count     Count
DATE     Count     Count

Sorry I didn't really know how to explain it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not really sure about your list box that counts the numbers, are you using an expression together with the date field in that list box?

Anyway, I would try starting with a pivot table chart object, then use your date field and the Yes/No field as dimensions.

Create one expression (the one you are using in the list box, something like count(FIELD) )

Then drag the Yes/No dimension to the top (click on the dimension header and drag with the mouse while keeping mouse button pressed).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not really sure about your list box that counts the numbers, are you using an expression together with the date field in that list box?

Anyway, I would try starting with a pivot table chart object, then use your date field and the Yes/No field as dimensions.

Create one expression (the one you are using in the list box, something like count(FIELD) )

Then drag the Yes/No dimension to the top (click on the dimension header and drag with the mouse while keeping mouse button pressed).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I don't quite understand where and what to drag...

I don't know if I was very clear. What I was hoping for was instead of having yes/no as the column name (with yes/no repeated over and over again throughout the column), but instead to have one column named yes, and another that has no, and just have counts beneath them.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

So you are having a field with two possible distinct values 'yes' and 'no', right? If you use this field as dimension, you are actually getting the field values yes and no as column (if dragged to the top) headers.

Could you maybe post some sample lines of your input data?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I figured out the drag and drop