Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display .QVW document on web

Hi,

I am newbie to QlikView and have recently installed Qlik View 9 personal edition. I have developed few reports in a .qvw document which i now want to view on web via browser, in other words, i understand that it need to be published to a web server.

I understand little bit from the documentation that in this process Qlik View server and/or Qlik View publisher might be involved, please correct me if i am wrong. But sadly, i have not been able to find any reference material which lists down the complete basic steps how to achieve this.

I have Qlik View 9 Personal Edition installed along with Qlik View server, Qlik View Management Console and Qlik View Enterprise Management console. Please let me know if any additional software components need to be installed and what are the basic steps to achieve this using all the components.

Thanks in advance

20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you've done a default installation of QlikView Server then it should be up and running already with it's own web server, QlikView Web Server. Are you able to access http://localhost/qlikview ? This should give you a list of demo documents that are part of the installation.

After developing your own document you just need to place it in one of the folder assigned as document folders for QVS. Check under QEMC > Setup > QlikView Server > Folders for the path.

(Default is C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\QlikTech\Documents, but on Win 7 / Vista / 2008 the folder can be found under C:\Program Data\QlikTech\Documents)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johnnes!

Thanks! I was also looking for the same thing. I am not able to access http://localhost/qlikview. Let me know where I am going wrong?

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Troubleshooting is all about information. Do you get any kind of error message?

404 - Page not found is likely that the QVWS service is not started

Access denied is security related

Sometimes there's a small yellow warning triangle at the bottom left with additional info if just the AccessPoint outline is being loaded without any documents.

Not applicable
Author

This is what I got:

<table><tbody><tr><td><h1>The page cannot be found</h1></td></tr><tr><td> The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. </td></tr><tr><td> <hr/>
Please try the following: <ul><li>If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. </li><li>Open the <!-- if (!((window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") > 0) && (window.navigator.appVersion.charAt(0) == "2"))) { Homepage(); } //--> localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want. </li><li>Click the Back button to try another link. </li></ul> <h2>HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services
</h2> <hr/>
Technical Information (for support personnel) <ul><li>More information:</li></ul></td></tr></tbody></table>

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your suggestions!

I checked and i am able to acces URL " http://localhost/qlikview ". Here i get QlikView AccessPoint page but at the bottom i get a message "No Server" with a hyperlink "Click here for possible solutions ". I tried the solutions mentioned in this hyperlink, basically verified whether QlikView Server service is started and accessible or not ,user account running the QlikViewWebServer service is member of the group "QlikView Administrators" and whether the network is available. All of these seem to be working fine.

Further when i run the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, check the services, here i get the service error saying "

Failed to connect to Command Center

", while when i check in Services under Computer Management all of the services seem to be running.

Any idea what can be the problem here? Also i understand, till this problem is rectified and i find the foler path assigned as document foler for QVS via "QEMC > Setup > QlikView Server > Folders for the path" i will not be able to put my .qvw document in the web server and able to view in browser, am i correct, please validate?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

Hello Johannnes!

Any idea about my problem. I did not get either of the error message which you mentioned. Let me know what may be the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anuragv01,

There seems to be some kind of issue in you setup. Services are running but command center can't be reached and AccessPoint says "No Server". Have you restarted the server after installation? Is the account running the services a member of local administrators and QlikView administrators user groups? I would suggest contacting support at support@qlik.com who should be able to help you out.

Dsjain,

You are getting a 404 error which means that the page can't be found. It might be that your webserver is not up?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Johnnes!

After reinstalling the IIS (Web server) I am able to access http://localhost/qlikview but it says there are "No documents". Let me know what I have to do now to see my documents here. I am so much excited! I will be happy if I see my documents here. Please help me out!

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Any one having solution for this please!

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab