Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search option for listboxes is not activated in the free QlikView 9?

Hi everyone,

I have just started working with QlikView and I am getting used to it by working with the pdf tutorial provided and the file Tutorial.qvw.

While doing so, I have encountered an issue when trying to search in the list boxes:

- by typing letters in the activated list box (e.g. "Country", in the Geography tab),

- or by trying to select "Search" from the Edit menu

I repeat, the "Country" list box is activated, as it was said in the tutorial, and still the Search option does not work. Also, the numbers filtering (with "<1000", e.g. for the "Area" list box in the Geography tab) does not work either.

I should mention that I downloaded the free version of QlikView 9, does that have something to do with it? Is the Search option not available for the free version?

Thank you very much in advance for your time!

• 1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
    Not applicable
    Author

Hi there,

no, there is no limitation in the personal edition other than that you will only be able to open your own documents. The functionality is the same.

Cheers, Lukas

View solution in original post

10 Replies
    Not applicable
    Author

Hi there,

no, there is no limitation in the personal edition other than that you will only be able to open your own documents. The functionality is the same.

Cheers, Lukas

Not applicable
    Author

Hi Lukas!

thank you for your answer! Yes, I understood this, but when I follow this tutorial the Search option is not available, and I can't seem to get to the bottom of this.

All I do is that I create a listbox containing some elements and when I try to search with the methods detailed above, it is not possible - can you think of some reason for this?

Thank you!

Not applicable
    Author

Anca,

This sounds like a bug in the tutorial file: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/24699/94458.aspx

I will let the product guys know. Thanks.

rwunderlich
    Partner Ambassador/MVP
    Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you describe more in detail what you mean by search "not working"? When you begin typing, do you get an input box that lets you type in it? Is the input box primed with the characters **? Or some other characters? Or do you not get an input box at all?

-Rob

Qlik_Trigg
    Employee
    Employee

What version of Windows are you running QlikView on?

Anonymous
    Not applicable
    Author

This might well be totally unrelated but can you check under Settings > Document Properties > General tab if "Use AJAX mode in layout (beta)" is checked or not. If it is, try unchecking it and see about the searching again. I recall some tutorial file having this checkbox set by default if my memory serves me correctly.

Not applicable
    Author

Thank you everyone for your replies!

Rob, I took some captures of my screen just to show you. Yes, when I begin typing, an input box appears on top of the "Country" list box: http://img52.imageshack.us/i/qv1.png/ . However, it does not stay there, maybe just for half a second and moreover it does not let me type "sw". Therefore, the list box is not filtered according to my input. When I go to the Edit menu and try to click Search from there, I see that it is deactivated: http://img69.imageshack.us/i/qv2.png/ . But, when I click the right button on my mouse when I am over the "Country" list box title, the Search option is active, and when I click on it the input box above appears again, but still, it allows me only to type a letter and the effect lasts again only for half a second or so.

John, I have Windows 7 Professional installed on my laptop.

Johannes, I checked for what you described and you were right, this option was checked. However, unchecking it did not solve the search issue.

If it's a bug, fixing it will sure help the beginners.

Not applicable
    Author

[deleted]

Qlik_Trigg
    Employee
    Employee

After clearing the check box, save the document, and close it and then reopen to get the 'classic' developer view