Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

100% Stacked Bar Chart Object (Weekly and Monthly Drills)

Hi

This is my first post in this community so please bare with me. Hopefully someone can help out a newbee.

Problem- I am trying to create a stacked bar chart object showing percentage of requests by cycle time bucket based on of total Approval IDs. The issue is that using a drill down from month to week, the monthly view shows total as 100% within the stack, though when drilling into weeks this divides the 100% across all four weeks of the month rather than maintaining the height of each bar at 100% and just displaying on a weekly rather than monthly basis.

I am importing an Excel table of Approval Requests with each row of the spreadsheet being a unique Request ID.

Dimensions

1. Group
MONTH([REQUEST Date]) as [Month Requested],
WEEK([REQUEST Date]) as [Week Requested]

2. Turnaround Duration Bucket (Within the source spreadsheet).

Expressions - I extract the week and month of the Request Date and utilise these within a expression group.

1. Total Approval % = Count([Request ID])/Count (Total [Request ID])

Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Matt

2 Replies
villafuerte
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

Maybe this will help you: use count([Request ID]) as your expression, but instead of the division by total, select the Relative option in the Expressions tab (under Enable in the top center). This will assume that your selection is 100%.

I hope it helps

Cheers

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

If I understand the problem you are looking to get something a bit like this, where the totals for Group1 are all different - but all shown as 100% bars:

Many thanks to NMiller who posted the solution here: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/24590/93940.aspx#93940

Use the expression: SUM(Value) / SUM(TOTAL <Group1> Value)

The Total part is telling the expression to ignore the dimension, but the <Group1> is tying the second SUM to that dimension.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Steve