Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

Line chart Dimension

HI all,

I have a line chart and it's only dimension is date: 01.01.2012 , 02.01.2012, .... That means for every year i have 365 dimension vales.

Is there any way that i can show Months in Dimension Axe area insted of dates?

Best Regards

Peyman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This should / could be just a matter of formatting in number tab.

QV will also try to use its limited AI to change that format automatically, i.e. QV will show only years depending on range of values and available chart drawing space.

Please see attached.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Did you make sure the format of date 01.01.2012 or 01/01/2012. If second one is your format means, you can change in script like this,

Load * , Month(Date) as Month from filename.fileextension;

Then Use Month as Dimension in your chart

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mayil,

Thank you so much for help. You are right, i can do this. But i don't want to aggregate different values of dimension. This means that if i have 4 values in a month, to show for value point in chart but all in the same month.

I know that my defination is not too clear, so i'm going to make a picture of what i need my chart to look like and post it soon.

Best regards

Peyman

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Chart.jpg

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I hope the picture help you to find out my meaning.

Best regards

Peyman

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try using a continuous x-axis (on axis tab).

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Estefan (do i remember right?),

In this case chart shows numeric values of dates, but i need to show Month names as a calander.

Best Regards

Peyman

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This should / could be just a matter of formatting in number tab.

QV will also try to use its limited AI to change that format automatically, i.e. QV will show only years depending on range of values and available chart drawing space.

Please see attached.

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much,

It's really helpful and with continues set to true, i can draw vertical lines as i need.

Best Regards

Peyman