Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tricky questions about set analysis

Hi,

I have loaded two tables, Table A & Table B. (Table A & B are not directly linked)

In table A, there are columns A1, A2, A_Year

In table B, there are columns B1, B2, B3, B_Year

And then I have one sheet, where I have added a multi box, with fields A1 & A2.

Then I created a bar chart, using A_Year as dimension, and in the expression field, I used set analysis to check whether B1=P(A1) and B2=P(A2)

The syntax is like this: count({<B1= P([A1]), B2= P([A2])>} B3)

The tricky part for me is that B1 has more values than A1, and B2 has more values than A2. So with the above expression, the overall count of B table is not correct. Is there anyway to capture all the rows in B, instead of dropping the unique values in table B?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

the parameter P() demands a selection. If you choose some values on field A1, it will work.

If you limit the field A1 with set analysis, it will work too.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for the comments. But my situation is that I have to capture all the values in table B, by default.

The set analysis actually will drop the unique ones in table B.

Not applicable
Author

I have made some more tests and it worked fine, with no selection. Sorry, my mistake.

I could not figure why you want to count a B column having a dimension A. It would be a cartesian product in SQL.

shouldn´t the dimension be B_year?

Qlikview apart, what do you want to accomplish with the BI?

Not applicable
Author

I want to calculate %, using count(A)/Count(B). But the issue is that I have to calculate the overall percentage even the values are only unique in table B.

I don't want to do this way in SQL or using outer join in QlikView, because the performance issue (I think those methods will slow down my program).

Not applicable
Author

Is this feasible? Please help.