Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Programming Language used in Expressions, etc

I have just started using Qlikview and have not had much chance to play with it yet. I have had a basic hands-on course once, but unfortunately it was during a time where we were also trying to bring a new program online and start preparing for the next phase of that system so I have not had much downtime to work with this program. One thing I have noticed when trying to work with the Expressions is that it doesn't seem to use the same programming language I am used to working with in Crystal Reports. Can anyone tell me what language Qlikview uses so that I can try to find a resource and learn it?

I am using Qlikview Professional version 8.50.6261.5

Thanks for your time,

Shannon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

QlikView uses QlikView. It's its own language. The best resources are the help text, the reference manual, and asking questions on the forum. 🙂

Edit: There's also some Visual Basic script you can use for macros. Supposedly Javascript as well, but I haven't tried it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

QlikView uses QlikView. It's its own language. The best resources are the help text, the reference manual, and asking questions on the forum. 🙂

Edit: There's also some Visual Basic script you can use for macros. Supposedly Javascript as well, but I haven't tried it.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much!