Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart vs. Table box

Here is a question:

When I create a table box in a page, I can select how the selection will look like, i.e. LED check box, window check box and etc.

With this object, when the user makes a selection, all non-selected values are grayed out but can still be selected with a simple click.

When I create a chart object (straight table for that matter), I don’t have that option. Meaning, if a user makes a selection, all other values are disappeared and he can’t do a multiple selection (unless drag over a range of values).

How can I allow the user to have multiple selections that are not adjacent to one another within a chart object?

12 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

If you enable "Show All Values" on your dimension, and disable "Suppress Zero-Values" / "Suppress Missing" you will still see the deselected values in your Straight Table/Chart.

Not applicable
Author

hi Johan,

actually thats what i did.

the result is that it shows the selected value / values and all the zero values.

but it doesnt show nonzero non selected values.

any other ideas? because at this point i have no more supressiones to uncheck.....

Not applicable
Author

oh and also,

it still doesnt allow me to do multi-select.

so maybe im missing somthing here?

pljsoftware
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Elanir,

I did not understand, you want to select more value not adjacent from a fild box?

Try to use CTRL and select more elements.

Or you want to see too the elements not selected?

Regards

Luca Jonathan Panetta

PLJ Software

Not applicable
Author

Luca,

its very simple.

in a table box one can select multiple values by selecting a range of values or by using CTRL as you mentioned.

in chart objects (straight table) you can only select multiple values by selecting a range of values.

but you cant select multiple values by using CTRL.

im looking for a solution that will allow me to do that.... any ideas?

pljsoftware
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Elanir,

but why can't you use a fild fileter external of the chart (eg. pivot table).

In you sheet you have a filter (eg. Customers) and a chart (eg. Pivot table).

So you can use the external filter to choise your data in this example Customers.

And if you have more filters you can group they in a Group Box, I use this technical to reduce the space of elements in my sheets.

I hope this help you.

Regards

Luca Jonathan Panetta

PLJ Software

Not applicable
Author

Luca,

i also do that many times.

but in this case, the user, if i use your example, has the customer dimension in a table box, and than again this dimension appears in that same sheet in a chart object with same dimension but with different calculations.

the user now want to select a group of customers according to performance, not as a range of values but by selecting specific unique values by using CTRL.

and i dont understand why this cant be doen within a chart.....

pljsoftware
Creator III
Creator III

Elanir,

can you add an example QVW of your application or an screenshot?

Regards

Luca Jonathan Panetta

PLJ Software

Not applicable
Author

this is how the dashboard looks like: (without the black marks )

Untitled.png

as you can see, i have a table box on the left side to allow selection of multiple values from a dimension.

also in main area, user has that same dimension with all its relevant expressiones.

as i said before, if the user wants to select a number of un-adjacent values from main area by using CTRL, he cant do it.

he can only select a range of adjacent values - not exactly what im looking for.

any ideas?