Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import and Convert Images into Blob

Hi There,

How can I go about importing images and at the same time converting the to a BLOB data type?

Kind Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Werner

With so many images, you probably don't want to embed them in the Qv model as it would make the model very large. You could probably just load the file names as a field linked to the other data.

To display in a straight table, use the file name field and select Image in the representation list on the expressions tab.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

To import images into a QV model, use bundle load (images loaded into model) or info load (image file references into model).

I do not understand the second question. Bundle load will store the binary data for the image in the QVW file. Is this what you mean?

See this link: http://community.qlik.com/message/130937#130937

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am sitting with the following scenario. I have a directory with 10000+ bitmap images. Each of these images links to an item number.

The file name for each image corresponds to that item number.

Is it possible to load all these images into qlikview and save the file names into a seperate column?

Kindest Regards

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Werner

With so many images, you probably don't want to embed them in the Qv model as it would make the model very large. You could probably just load the file names as a field linked to the other data.

To display in a straight table, use the file name field and select Image in the representation list on the expressions tab.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

This is the code that i used to import the file references as well as the file names.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

DIRECTORY

Q:\Qlikview\QVDev\QVData\PHOTO PROJECT;

for each image in filelist ('*.bmp'); // Here it loads png image

let j= subfield(subfield(image,'\',-1),'.',1);

Image_Archive:
// Table name

LOAD * INLINE [

Image_File_Names, Image_Location

$(j), $(image)

]
;