Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

S.A.F.E Project methodology

Hi, I have seen Qliktechs own project methodology S.A.F.E been referred to at several places, but ive never manage to get hold of the actual describtion of the method. Where can I find the actual document describing the S.A.F.E methodolgy? Thanks in advance,br Paul

9 Replies
Not applicable

Is this perhaps related? I found it using google...

http://www.safeproject.net/

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I only found this older thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/84496

where Karl lists some fields covered. I haven't found the SAFE methodology documentation in the partner portal (well, I seldomly find things right away there) and I am also not sure if it is really well maintained anymore.

S.A.F.E. is mentioned also here

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/consulting

so you might want to contact your sales rep..

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Roberto, that site has nothing to do with the S.A.F.E project method,br Paul

Not applicable

Hi Paujoh,

I am also finding SAFE methodology for QlikView. I found out methodology for QlikView but not the name with SAFE.

There is QlikView Project Methodology Handbook inside Enterprise Framework. You can find Enterprise Framework in Library of QlikTech Partner Portal.

[Enterprise Framework][Deployment][Code Management]

QlikView Project Methodology Handbook V 1.0 docx.doc

Hope this will heip you too.

Good luck.

Kaung

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi ,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any enterprise framework in the partner portal. Or maybe I have misunderstood you when you refer to the Partner portal?

Attached is a screenshoot showing my partner portal,

br

Pau

lpartner_portal.jpg

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Enter Resources section and search all libraries for 'Enterprise'. Should be one of the first results returned (ca. 110MB).

Not applicable

Hi paujoh,

Your print screen is the welcome page of Partner Portal. You have to go further to get Enterprise Framework.

1. Log in to Partner Portal

2. Click on [Resource] Menu and you are accessing Library of Partner Portal

3. Search with the keyword "Enterprise"

4. You can see "Enterprise Framework" (ZIP) on top of search result.

Hope this help you.

Not applicable

Hi paujoh,

Your print screen is the welcome page of Partner Portal. You have to go further to get Enterprise Framework.

1. Log in to Partner Portal

2. Click on [Resource] Menu and you are accessing Library of Partner Portal

3. Search with the keyword "Enterprise"

4. You can see "Enterprise Framework" (ZIP) on top of search result.

Hope this help you.

Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Maybe this will help :

“Simplifying Analysis for Everyone” or simply S.A.F.E.

The S.A.F.E Project Methodology has been especially developed to be used during the planning and execution of a BI System. Special considerations and adjustments have been made to accommodate the specific characteristics of a BI Project, for example the fast nature of this type of BI Project and the flexibility the BI System has to offers. The people involved in developing the S.A.F.E. Project Guide all have long and extensive experience from implementing QlikView at customers of all sizes in many different industries and parts of the world. The goal behind this methodology is to provide a flexible framework for delivering BI applications and the corresponding environments with minimal project overhead. As such, this methodology is not meant to replace an existing methodology but instead to work within an existing methodology.

This methodology is iterative in nature and does not clearly fall into the category of standard SDLC processes. The process is simple, uncomplicated, and designed to provide business benefit as fast as possible. Whilst appearing as a linear process, steps may be re-ordered according to customer needs, or omitted entirely. Above all, the focus is to deliver business benefit quickly, and enabling a rapid transfer of knowledge from our consultants to the customer.

In S.A.F.E., project implementations are broken down into phases of logically grouped activities - define, prepare, develop, roll out, and close. These phases take the project from start to completion and cover all major tasks involved in between. The structure provided by this approach allows both the customer and Qlik or the Qlik Partner to deliver high-impact projects within the required time frames. The phases in S.A.F.E. are not mutually exclusive. Activities in each phase will often be occurring simultaneously. The overlapping nature of this methodology will become apparent as the project schedule is developed. The process expects a high level of customer engagement in every steps, and delivers outstanding solutions in return. If the client does not have an existing methodology, the S.A.F.E. methodology will provide enough information for developing a successful BI Implementation plan.

The process contains six broad phases, along with two supporting foundations. Essential to the entire process, these foundations are Project Management and Knowledge Transfer. The aim is to pass the knowledge to the customer as quickly as possible, allowing users to become rapidly self-sufficient. This promotes strong user adoption, and improved project benefits. Qlik or Qlik Partner’s consultants work closely with the customer, integrating with the project team as we build a partnership for solution delivery. The process and project delivery is intended to transform customer data into relevant information for business decision making.