Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple data sources in the same QVW

Hi ,

I am using multiple data sources in the same qvw.

I have around seven sheets in the same qvw. I need two data sources, one for one chart and the other 6 charts. In the edit script section, I added one more sheet for the other data souce.

My question, is will the result shown on the chart 1(from one source) be affected by the selections on some other chart(different source)

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes, if they are related by a common field name. You can find that from the table viewer.

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, so if I make sure that the column names are different in the two data sources, then they results will be unaffected , right???

Not applicable
Author

Yes.

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

thanks Kiran.

I have two tables (data sources). The two tables are not related. But in one of the sheets I have a current Selection object, though the two tables are not related I see the selection made on a different page' filter. Will that affect my results(I cross checked in my data source) the result is correct..but I want to confirm does current selection object show everything selected on that qvw , irrespective of whether that filter is present on the sheet or not?

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Current selection object show everything selected in the qvw file..Check once , whether the filter is selected or not..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Yeah I checked, the filters selected on different sheets are shown on the current selected obkject.

So, current selection object just shows all the selections across the qvw and does not impact the result set.

Not applicable
Author

Yes you are correct it will not affect the result. No worries!!!

As the two table are not related to eachother it will affect the result...

Not applicable
Author

Does it make sense?