Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

conditional list box selection (modification)

Hi all....

I have a list box of names.

previously we discussed to show the values in listbox while entering in inputbox....

when i selected a starting letter (ie A-Z) in listbox , the Names begining with that starting letter should be displayed in Name( name is a field) list box...

while clicking any letter(starting letter) in listbox should give the names starting with that letter...

how to do this?

thanks

bharathe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bharathe,

This is also possible. I have attached an application along with this reply. Just go through it. I have just extracted the first character from the name and made a list box using that. If you clik the corresponding alphabet, it will list all the names starting with it.

Thanks Joseph

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Same thing which i discussed with you before!

Put the below text in the list box search and you get the required result that you are looking for.

a*

Hope this is the one which you are looking for

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bharathe,

This is also possible. I have attached an application along with this reply. Just go through it. I have just extracted the first character from the name and made a list box using that. If you clik the corresponding alphabet, it will list all the names starting with it.

Thanks Joseph

Not applicable
Author

joseph...

I downloaded the Qlik view. i m not able to see the Qlik attachment u have send. could u plz explain in words..

thanks

bharathe

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bharathe,

Ok. What you have to do is use the left() function for the required fields. ie for example, if youhave a field called Name. Then do as given below.

Load

Name,

left(Name,1) as First letter

from abc.xls or whatever file you are using.

Now you will have two fields Name and First letter. The first letter will show you the first letters of all the names you have used and when you click on a particular letter it will list you all the names starting with that letter. Hope this helps you.

Thanks Joseph

Not applicable
Author

Bharathe11dec wrote:
I downloaded the Qlik view. i m not able to see the Qlik attachment u have send. could u plz explain in words.. <div></div>

If you are using personal edition then you can't open the document which was developed from other system and if you are licensed user and still you have that problem means you need to contact qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

hi joseph.....

thanks a lot for explaining... its working...