Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help needed on Trigger. Urgent

Hi all,

I have a field name " User Name " which is displayed in Pie chart as well as Table, now I want that when I click on a particular name in " User Name" i should land on other sheet but this trigger shouldn't be in Pie chart.

Plz help me solve this issue and i badly need the solution.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try

Document Properties -> Triggers -> Field Event Triggers -> OnChange or OnSelect (Events)

Regards,

Jagan.

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Sagar.

You can create a FieldEventTrigger.OnSelect in Document properties > Triggers.

So whenever the field [User Name] is selected, you switch sheet by using an action to do that.

Please see attached document.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Framsteg Business Intelligence Corp.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the reply, but i guess u didn't understand my problem.

M trying to explain again below:

I have two feild names( User_Name and Region) which i m displaying in double pie chart, also i have a table which is driven by this pie chart.

now when i click User_Name i see different Regions in the table for which that User is responsible for and when i click Region i see different User_Name in the table who falls in that particular Region.

What i require....

If i click on a particular User in table i should be able to land on sheet X and when i click on particular Region in table i should be able to land on sheet Y.

Note: The trigger should not functional in the pie chart.

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Sagar.

Please see my attached doc.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for reply

I checked your QVW file but its not the one i want, here your pie chart seems to be detached.

I want my pie chart to be functional but it should not take me to other sheet, whereas i want my table to take me to the respected sheet.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for reply

I checked your QVW file but its not the one i want, here your pie chart seems to be detached.

I want my pie chart to be functional but it should not take me to other sheet, whereas i want my table to take me to the respected sheet.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe you could add duplicate fields.

And have the pie use one field, and the table use the other field.

And trigger the field that's used on the table.

Will that work for you?

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply,

Ya I could do this but the problem with me is that  I already have truck load of data, n m suffering from it.

Plz let me know if there is any other way other than macro and duplicating the fields.

Regards

Sagar Gupta

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi again Sagar.

My experience has shown me that it is often a good approach to keep the documents as standardized as possible. It makes fewer and easier maintenance and development.

Meaning for example, but not limited to:

- Clickable charts

- Centralized expressions

- No or little macro code

- Few set analysis so what you see in charts correspond to your current selections

- No or few hidden objects

- Optimized data model with correct data types, ie. always try and use int/date before strings

- Star schemes, not relational schemes

- If many dimensions, try instead joining them to the fact table making the fact table wider

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant