Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik view Architecture

Hi all

what is the Qlik view architecture and how it stores the data in RAM etc..

could u please help me with the documents regarding Architecture?

thanks

bharathe

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bharat ,

i don't think its that difficult to get it . Try google you will get plenty of stuffs.

Cheers ,

Bhushan N

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bharat,

I understand this is very old post. However, I thought I would share my understanding if you are still interested to know.

The data records are read into the memory, so that all the processing of data may be done through memory. I am sure you know this bit. QlikView treats all the data as Data Element Type (Columns / Fields) and Data Element Values (Values / Records). So each different data element value of each data element type is assigned a binary code and the data records are stored in binary-coded form and they are also sorted. By using the binary coding, very quick searches can be done on the tables. Also, QlikView removes the redundant information information and reduces the amount of data. However, the redundant information in stored as seperately with the frequencies for each unique data element value and across each data element type. When user makes a selection on data element values then the implied selection (possible values) are kept track seperately to present them to the user. By this process QlikView can perform rapid linear searches.

I understand this is not in detail but just a quick overview. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Cheers - DV