Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about colors in chart

Hello,

At the tab Colors (Chart Properties) is the option 'persistent colors'.

If I do not use this option my chart looks as folow and the colors are according default data appearance color 1-6.

optie niet aangevinkt.gif

If I use the option my  Chart looks as follows and the colors colors are not according data appearance color 1-6.

Even one color pops up twice (first and last in chart).

optie wel aangevinkt.gif

Questions:

1. Why if I use the option 'persistent colors' the colors are not according to the default data appearance color 1-6.

2. How to handle that the colors are according to the default data appearance color 1-6, or how can I ssign colors.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gerrit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

Persistent Colors will match colors with Field Values so that the same Value will always have the same color in the chart. The matching is based on load order, so that the first Value that is found when doing a reload will be using color 1, the second color 2 and so on. This might lead to colors repeating even if there are fewer values than the size of the color palette.

When not using Persistent Colors it assigns colors i the order the values occurs in the chart, which will match different colors to values depending on selections, it does however make it so that as long as the number of values is less than the size of the color palette you will not repeat a color.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try sort your dimension by load order

Not applicable
Author

I tried but no change in the color scheme.

Part of my script looks as follows.

Maybe there is a clou?

MAINTABEL:

LOAD

'DGI' as Bedrijf,

"Posting Date" as DATUM,

"Entry Type",

"Location Code",

IF ("Location Code" = 'COR-RETOUR', 'HEDEL', "Location Code" ) As Vestiging,

"Document Type",

Not applicable
Author

i've check my hint and:

- if i get sort order : load order

colors are the sam as in persistant color and in default data appearance color 1-6

for 100%

Not applicable
Author

I have cheked your hint and:

in my chart colors are not the same as in persistant color and at not in default data appearance color 1-6

for 100%

Not applicable
Author

can you send a qvw file?:)

Not applicable
Author

The strange behavior is displayed only when a mass of data is loaded.

I will attach the qvw with a limited dataset, but in this case, the phenomenon does not occur.

Can't send you more because the data is confidential.

Be aware the sheet is not finished yet.

Not applicable
Author

it looks like  if you mark "persistant color" qv takes all the passible dimension value and link them to the color 1-6-12-18 (not only these from actual selection)

got it? (my english is terrific:P)

kji
Employee
Employee

Persistent Colors will match colors with Field Values so that the same Value will always have the same color in the chart. The matching is based on load order, so that the first Value that is found when doing a reload will be using color 1, the second color 2 and so on. This might lead to colors repeating even if there are fewer values than the size of the color palette.

When not using Persistent Colors it assigns colors i the order the values occurs in the chart, which will match different colors to values depending on selections, it does however make it so that as long as the number of values is less than the size of the color palette you will not repeat a color.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I can now see the logic.