Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Budget comparision on Customer/Article per month

Hi all,

The final solution will be to apply budget into our main Sales application.

The presolution that I'm struggling with is as follow:

1. Fact table 1 - Budget (from Excel sheet)

* Customer

* Article

* BudgetAmount/year in exchange

* BudgetAmount/year in pcs

* Producttype (link)

2. Fact table 2 - Faktor per month (from table T821V in SAP)

* Producttype (link)

* Month

* Faktor

So the result should be to divide the BudgetAmount/year i table 1 with the Faktor per month so that each article in table 1 has an BudgetAmount per month.

Am I thinking correctly by creating an QVD file "Budget" from the figures above and then read this into the main Sales an compare it with actual sales?

The current problem is to solve the the mapping of Fact table 2 into table 1. I have tried several joins but maybe I should make an expression to count up each article in table 1 for each month as a first step in order to map the faktor for each line?

Regards Magnus

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

why budget is per year if faktor is per month?

Not applicable
Author

This might help you.

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

Pari: This is because in SAP there is an Z-program that imports the budget per year from Excel and then based on the faktor also in SAP the budget is divided in each month. Of course this would be the ideal way, but I haven'nt found out yet to fetch the divided numbers from SAP yet.

Also there is an overall issue that in our company group the handling of the budget figures in not handled in the same way in the ERP-system or in the system at all. I want to make a common solution as far as I can.

Not applicable
Author

Kiran: Thanks for the example. I will try this.

Regards Magnus