Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Raw data table display

Hi, I have below two tables which I am using to anaylze.

NameCost per Lb in $.QtyExpiry DateBuy DateBuyer
Mango10100004-Aug-201204-Jun-2012PP
Oranges5200005-Jul-201204-May-2012AA

CropCost per Lb $QtyReserved for next yearProducerCountry of Origin
Rice54000400AChina
Wheat41000100BUSA
Oat52000200CCanada
Barley61000100DArgentina

I have created pivot cobinign aboveboth tables for my analysis (Fruit as well as Crops).

But when I want to display raw data seperately for both the tables, QV is combining data from both tables because some fields *(like COst, QTY) are common.

Any idea how easy to segreatge these data without using list box option?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview is working EXACTLY as expected. As you have created 2 tables stating what type you want, it will ignore the selection you did on type. The table Will always show up no matter what. This is what you programmed.

If sometimes you want one and sometimes you want others and sometimes you want both, why not have only 1 table with the Field type on it and turn on the dropdown feature for this Field? Than you Will be able to filter inside the tabel what set of data you want to see.

If you want to compare, you may have a look at the new feature on Qlikview 11, called Alternate States.

Esta mensagem (incluíndo qualquer anexo) é dirigida apenas para o uso do indivíduo ou da entidade a qual está endereçada e pode conter informações privadas, proprietárias, privilegiadas, confidenciais que podem servir como evidências sob as leis aplicáveis ou em processos judiciais.

Caso você não seja o destinatário pretendido, você está aqui notificado que qualquer uso, disseminação, distribuição, ou cópia dessa comunicação é estritamente proibida. Se você recebeu essa comunicação por engano, notifique-nos imediatamente por telefone, e destrua essa mensagem se estiver impressa ou (ii) exclua imediatamente essa mensagem se esta for uma comunicação eletrônica.

Obrigado.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and destroy this message if this is printed or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adriano,

Thanks a lot for the response, as you confirmed my theory in your response.

Hence in worst case if I need to show two diffrent raw tables with common keys, I will try to duplicate key field for set analysis.

Below statement was really helpful.

=====================================================================================

Qlikview is working EXACTLY as expected. As you have created 2 tables stating what type you want, it will ignore the selection you did on type. The table Will always show up no matter what. This is what you programmed.

=====================================================================================

Not applicable
Author

Probably i am missing someting but why do you not use Type as dimension?

Not applicable
Author

Re: Raw data table display  

Probably i am missing someting but why do you not use Type as dimension?

===============================================================

It was already part of dimension. But this isssue si reoslved for me now.