Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to compare the records of two similar QVD's and list out the missing records!

Hi All

May I know which is the easiest way to compare the two similar QVD's and list out the missing records? For example I have two similar QVD's one is coming from Production and other is coming from Development. There are few records which are missing in the QVD which are coming from the Development.So I want to know which is the easiest way to find those records which are missing in the QVD which is coming from the Development when compared to the QVD coming from production.

Can someone please help me out in their convenient time!

Thanks and Regards,
Attitude

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

many ways to do that

if those are small tables you can try this:

//development table + one marker column

test:

noconcatenate LOAD * INLINE [

a, b, c, mark

1, 1, 1, x

];

//production

outer join (test) LOAD * INLINE [

a, b, c

1, 1, 1

2, 2, 2

3, 3, 3

];

final:

load a,b,c resident test where isnull(mark)=-1;

drop table test;

Not applicable
Author

Hi PariPari

Thanks for your response! If I understood correctly then final table will give those records which is missing in the development QVD right? Whereas when I tried the same logic as above it is showing all the records. Any idea where it would have went wrong? Please help!

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

send me tables or qvw file

Not applicable
Author

Hi PariPari

Sorry! I cannot attach the table or QVW. By the way I tried with sample set of data and your solution did worked with that. Not too sure why it is not working in the real data which I am working on. Any idea? What could be the reason?

Thanks

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

check teh column name

how big is your set of data?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have checked for the column names. It is same in both the QVD's not sure why the same logic is working in real data though. Any other suggestions? Please!

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

are you sure you've got:

test:

noconcatenate LOAD a, b, c, 'x' as mark

from ....

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am sure column names are same in both QVD's!

I am already using the same as suggested above still not getting the required result. Only field which is there in the Development and not there in the Production was "mark" field. Not able to find where the issue is!

Not applicable
Author

paste a spript please